Well I have actually been back for two weeks now but have been too busy to write in my blog.
No, actually that was a lie.
I have been too lazy to write in my blog. But I want to document my time in the snow so I am going to post stuff that I wrote in my journal whilst I was over there.
Starting with Canberra.........
14/07/07 Saturday
Canberra. What is there to say about Canberra? Not much really other than it is a hole. A shitty hole. Literally.
Our plane left at 12:00 am on Friday night/Saturday morning. This is on Black Friday as well. A red eye flight on black Friday. hmmmmmmm. We landed in Canberra at 4:30 approx.
The plane trip summed up to me having a sore stomach, sore ears (which didnt pop until later that afternoon....... very painfully might I add), and crappy food. The meal was a "beef stirfry with noodles". Consisted of two pieces of beef. If you could even call it beef. The food was that bad that when we stopped for Macdonald at 6am, I was insanely relieved to have a plastic bacon and egg mcmuffin.
I remember very clearly the instant I stepped off the plane, and the cold that assaulted me. It was like a wall that hit you and surrounded you. Bloody freezing. The stairs that you have to walk down to get off the plane were covered in ice.
Canberra has been very uneventful so far. Apart from me being the most cold I have ever been in my enture life. My hands and feet feel like they may drop off. Me, being the clever one and all, decided to wear my Keds (ballet flats) and so half my feet were exposed to the cold.
I should stop complaining. I'm looking forward to the skiing.
So far we have seen Canberra C.B.D (nothing much I assure you) and driven down the war memorial parade (lots of tedious statues). Our grumpy old bus driver has managed to keep up a continuing monotonic commentation the whole time. Its quite a feat considering there is very little to talk about Canberra.
Highlights of Canberra
Defence Force Building- C.B.D
- War memorial statues
- Man made lake
- Big Fountain
- Government Buildings
- Parliament House
7:30am
Ok.
My toes have actually lost feeling.
I'm not joking.
They made us get out of the bus, walk around parliament house, walk to the old parliament house and back. In minus 9 degrees. With me having inadequate footwear for the weather.
My toes feel like hot needles are piercing them.
So here I am on the bus, frantically rubbing them with my hands in an attempt to warm them up.
Aisling does not recommend.
9am
Time for more whinging. Eliza would be proud of me.
Questacon. Well, how do I describe it? Bright, Colourful, Primary School Science. Full of screaming kids.
Even our retreat to the coffee shop proved unsuccessful.
One teabag for a WHOLE pot of tea (you need at least two).- Plastic spoon
- And when I asked for a slice of lemon, all i got was a wedge.
Shameful isn't it?
Afternoon was spent in the one and only shopping centre in the C.B.D. Matt, Cameron and I went to Starbucks (extremely good coffee), then I dragged them along to look at all of the insanely good designers shops (sigh....). then they dragged me to Gloria Jeans where we got more coffee goodness and spent our time playing tic tac toe and that stupid hand game Jot, Gen, Liza and I often play in study period.
We finally got to the motel, which I discovered pretty quickly was a shitty, shiity motel. Room was freezing so we turned the heater on full blast.
And my bed.
Oh god.... my bed.
When I lay on it the matress was actually touching the ground. Thats how shitty and broken the springs were. But only on one side, which meant I spent all night stopping myself from rolling onto the floor. Twas not a good nights sleep.
Dinner was atrocious.
Something they dared to call chicken scnitzel, barely edible wedges and soggy cooked carrots and peas (I despise cooked veges).
We dined from the vending machine this evening. We being my roomates Hayley, Alana, Molly and Sarah.
The next morning it was rise and shine at 6am, breakfast at 7am (that packet scrambled eggs stuff you mix with water and cook, plastic sausages and baked beans) and then it was off to the mountains.
Huzzah!



2 comments:
rose loves aisling
mmm.... i love you...
=)
as previously stated.
you are my bestestestestestestestest
friend.
oh.. i am sooooo cliishe` isn't it beautiful??
hmm, don't know what i would do without you.
probably shrivel up and die.
Post a Comment